USRP Software Defined Radio
Tunable transceivers for designing, prototyping, and deploying radio communication systems
- Wide selection of RF I/O over multiple frequency ranges
- Large FPGAs for high-throughput signal processing
- Wide breadth of deployment options from rugged embedded to high-performance standalone
- Robust software API supports a common development workflow across all USRP devices
USRP is a software defined radio that enables users to rapidly design, prototype, and deploy wireless systems. The USRP architecture consists of high-performance processors, large FPGAs, and a wide breadth of high-quality RF front ends. Combined with our robust software support, including UHD™ (USRP Hardware Driver™), which ensures cross-platform code portability, you can maximize code reuse while focusing on new algorithm development. Choose from a variety of deployment options, from the USRP Networked, B Series, and X Series, which enable rapid prototyping in the lab, to the USRP Embedded Series, which allows you to meet the SWaP requirements for rugged deployment.
USRP provides a design solution to rapidly prototype wireless communications systems, including applications such as multiple input, multiple output (MIMO) and LTE/WiFi testbeds. USRP is also used to design and deploy shared spectrum communications, SIGINT, and radar systems which capture, process, and transmit wide signal bandwidths at a broad range of frequencies.
Support packages are available for connecting MATLAB® and Simulink® to USRP radio hardware.
The support package includes the use of USRP as a standalone peripheral for live RF data I/O, including:
- Functions and System objects for connecting MATLAB to UHD-based USRP radios
- Blocks for connecting Simulink to UHD-based USRP radios
Using this support package with a USRP E310, you can work with live RF signals using dual (2x2) transmit and receive streams. You can also implement custom hardware designs for your SDR applications using HDL Coder™ or Embedded Coder®. This enables you to test your design under real-world conditions and rapidly prototype designs for mobile and embedded applications.
Support highlights include the ability to:
- Stream 2x2 channel RF signals into and out of MATLAB and Simulink
- Enhance, transmit, and receive selectivity using automatic selection of RF front-end filter banks
- Acquire and transmit high-bandwidth signals using burst mode
- Implement custom algorithms on the FPGA fabric and ARM® processor using HDL Coder or Embedded Coder (Note: Xilinx Vivado® Design Suite is required. Refer to "Required Third-Party Tools" in the documentation.)
For details on the supported radio models, see the relevant support package Webpages.
- On-site assistance
- Embedded Hardware - MCU, DSP, FPGA
- Rapid Prototyping and HIL Systems
- Communications Systems
- Digital Signal Processing
- Embedded Systems
- FPGA Design
- Test and Measurement
- Aerospace and Defense
- Communication Infrastructure
- Communication Devices
- Instrumentation and Test
Related Connections Views: Embedded Hardware - MCU, DSP, FPGA, Rapid Prototyping and HIL Systems, Communications Systems, Digital Signal Processing, Embedded Systems, FPGA Design, Test and Measurement, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Communication Devices, Communication Infrastructure, Instrumentation and Test